Considering whether your organization should make the switch from paper towels?
Here’s what multiple environmental organizations and government agencies, including the EPA, want you to know about the environmental impacts of paper production:
- 17 trees are consumed to make one ton of paper
- Producing one ton of paper pollutes 75000 litres of water and consumes precious oil.
- one ton of paper consumes three cubic yards of landfill
- The environmental costs of paper fabrication include: deforestation, pollution and contaminated sediments in nearby sources of water, air pollution from pulp and paper mills (including carbon dioxide, nitrous oxides, sulphur dioxides, carbon monoxides, and particulates), and solid waste production
- Cutting back on paper waste is imperative for any organization hoping to become more environmentally sound. The XLERATOR is an effective source reduction alternative.
A Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) investigates a products total environmental impact from time of manufacture (Beginning of life) to time of disposal (End of life). When compared to standard hand dryers and paper towels (both standard and 100% recycled content) XLERATOR®’s carbon footprint is significantly smaller, emitting up to one quarter the greenhouse gas of its competitors.
The results are clear: electric hand dryers are a better choice than paper just on the basis of energy use alone, without even considering the many other environmental impacts of the manufacture and disposal of paper.
Of course, to save energy you need a hand dryer that works quickly and effectively. Not only does the XLERATOR® dry hands in one third of the time required by conventional hand dryers, but our system is designed to run on 10-amp service. As a result, the XLERATOR uses 70% less energy than conventional hand dryers. In Australia, The XLERATOR® only draws 6.5amps of power.